"Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
(Original lyrics by Leonard Cohen)
More news of the Digital Nocturne (for better or worse) and various angelic YouTubes:
- Read Jim Goldstein's rant - "Why I Hate HDR: Photo Technology Porn" - Mathematics vs. Aesthetics.
- For the opposing view, see Apogee's 3-part article on the merits of HDR and the ensuing debates brought about by its use (abuse), by Jim Austin. Left brain vs. right brain.
- See some of the above-mentioned abuse here.
- On a completely different note, see Brandi Carlile on YouTube here (Hallelujah), here (Creep), and here (SONY video of "The Story").
- Finally (courtesy of TOP) view Max Roach's 'high-hat solo' as performed on The Tonight Show (date unknown) on YouTube.
(from The Nocturnes NightNews feed)